Sunday, August 14, 2011

Story-A-Day #276: Pickled





PICKLED

What's your favorite food? One of mine has always been pickles. I love them, all different kinds and all different typed. I love dills, bread and butter, sweet mix, hot. I love cucumbers, zucchinis, onions, peppers. I really love hot pickled beans.

One of my all time favorites though was my mother's mother's nine day pickles. They are a great fusion of sweet mix, but peppery with a hint of garlic and clove.

A delicious treat.

The bread and butters are delicious with their hint of mustard seed and peppers, as are the coriander infused jalapeƱos, but the nine days are the best.

The only problem I have lies in the name. When I get a craving for something, I want it right away. Nine days and change is a long wait.

Still, look at that vat of pickling, a Royal Doulton clay pot full of soon to be delectable delights.

Trust me, you will find them well worth the wait, and by next Wednesday, you will be able to sample the greatness of the nine-day pickle.

It is well with the wait.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment