Thursday, August 11, 2011

Story-A-Day #273: The Wanderer





THE WANDERER

I am a wanderer, a drifter, alone on a quest for life and salvation. I usually arrive by the cover of night, and I am never in one place for more than a week. It suits my mission well.

If you were able to pick me out of a crowd, you might ask me why I choose a bastion of colour and happiness as my life, when my mission is so dark. The answer is quite simple: you don't look for darkness in the light, but darkness is always there.

That is why I travel the circuit, to flush out the darkness. It started in the big cities, but it was too overwhelming a mission there. There were just too many evil forces to handle.

Working small towns is much easier. The evil and vindictive have a tendency of flocking towards the flashing lights and swirling music. That is where I find them. That is where they find me, and through me, absolution.

They are easy to pick out of a crowd. The fighters, abusers, thieves, and wasters flock to the excitement and cacophony of the traveling fair.

I stalk them in the night, follow them to their inevitably rundown domiciles and end them. It's different every time, but always exciting.

Wrong? I wouldn't say so. I would say I am conducting an essential service by ridding our world of its waste. You would do the same if you had the strength and ability.

I am a wanderer, a drifter, alone on a quest for life and salvation. It is my mission to clean the scourge, one small town at a time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment