Thursday, August 4, 2011

Story-A-Day #266: Pig Headed





PIG HEADED

I'd been told a few times, and obviously it is true. I am pig headed and stubborn. The last time I checked though, being pig headed was not a crime, and yet here I am behind bars.

I used to be beautiful. He'll, a few years ago I could have my pick of the high school crop. I was a serial dater and it suited me fine.

I had my pick of captains and they had their pick of me: football, basketball, soccer - even the debate team, although in my defense, Phil was pretty hot for a nerd. I dated them all, got what I needed, and moved right along.

I was happy. They got more out of the deal than I did really. If you knew me then, you would have wanted in on the action too.

O had a unique look, but I was by far the most attractive girl in the school, if not the city. I have them what they wanted, and they have it right back.

Again, not a crime.

Yet I find myself now, on this curious position. When I broke up with the boys, people would ask why.

"Are you crazy, he's the quarterback," they would say.

It didn't matter after a tome to me who they were, I would het bored.

The boys would call me a pig when I broke up with them. The nice ones anyway. The not so nice ones would call me worse and I would laugh, knowing full well it was only because my rejection had hurt them.

My best friend used to say I was pig headed, a stubborn princess. I would brush it off every time.

And yet here I am today, a pig through and through. It makes no sense.

Did I die and get reincarnated this way? Is it a hex? Whatever the case, I am a pig imprisoned. Not how I imagined it would turn out to say the least, yet here I am.

You have to admit though, even for a pig, I'm looking pretty good.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment