Saturday, September 24, 2011

Story-A-Day #317: Horse Nap





HORSE NAP

Sometimes you need to realize when enough is enough, when maybe you have reached that point of no return.

Sometimes, it's not so easy.

We get caught up in the routine of life every day, inextricably sucked into the vortex.

We work, often too much, to pay the bills, which are often too many. We do our best to maintain the rest: our families, our friends, our health, and sanity.

A catnap usually helps; a quiet moment on the couch after a long day on the job.

Sometimes, we reach a point where those catnaps and a good night's sleep are not enough.

In those times when we are stretched to our thinnest, we often end up in a place somewhere between waking, and the misty realm of sleep.

It takes a perfect confluence of events and circumstances, but it is not impossible to end up falling into a waking sleep. Today is one of those days, and as I stand here, asleep on my feet, I realize I have entered that interzone.

Horse napping at the side of the road, I suddenly wonder how I hot here, and how long I have been standing here, swaying gently in the breeze.

Confused and confounded, I make my way home to a much deserved sleep.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. Please excuse auto corrected errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment