Friday, September 16, 2011

Story-A-Day #309: The Last Picnic






THE LAST PICNIC

The leaves are starting to gall, vacating the branches of the trees above and covering the lawn below.

Still, it is a nice day, warm and pleasant. I've decided that we will mark the start of autumn with one last outdoor feast on the patio.

The steaks, thick cut and gently marbled are marinating on the counter, the potatoes are cleaned, scrubbed, and sliced.

Once I am done wrapping the asparagus in bacon, I will have to tackle the biggest job of all, but it will be worth it for sure.

I step out onto the patio and set to work, sweeping the dead leaves away, and dusting off the chairs that haven't been used in months. When that is complete, I set to work on the table itself, scrubbing at the specks of dirt. I finish up with a spray bottle of glass cleaner and a handful of paper towels.

I will wait to set the places until we are almost ready to eat. The guests will be arriving shortly, and there are still a few things I need to finish up before they get here.

This last picnic was a good idea. I might need to put on a sweater by dinner time, but it is sure to be a beautiful night.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. Please excuse auto corrected errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment