Thursday, November 17, 2011

Story-A-Day #371: The Fog



THE FOG

It is thick to be sure, but it is already burning off as the sun slowly rises and basks the world in its radiant glow.  When I was younger, I used to find the fog scary.  What sort of monsters and creatures could be travelling under cover of the fog.  These days, I find it to be more peaceful and beautiful, than terrifying.

There is nothing more tranquil and serene than an early morning lake blanketed in rolling sheets of fog.

There is something magical about fog, something myseterious and unknown.  Sure, I no longer think of fog as a covert shield for the monsters of my youth, but I do still like to think that there could be mysteries contained within those rolling earth-bound clouds..

What secrets might be hidden in that gossamer sheen, tucked away in that moist obstruction?  What mysteries might await?

On days like this, I like to walk tohrough the cool mists of morning, peering off into the hidden distances and waiting as the fog evaporates and the world as I know it slowly reverts back to normal.

I realize on this morning, that I am not likely to discover any hidden secrets in the fog.  It is burning off quickly now, slowly seeping away into nothing.  Perhaps tomorrow will bring another opportunity?

For today, I will carry on with my day.  I will go to work, eat my meals, and eventually crawl into bed as my days draws to a close.

When I awake tomorrow, I will hope to be greeted by another foggy morning.  If I am, I will walk through those swirling mists and see what can be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment