Friday, November 4, 2011

Story-A-Day #358: Fenced In


FENCED IN

Have you ever had one of those days?  You know the kind of day where everything just seems to go to hell?

Well, I have had one of those days, weeks, and months.  It's been a rough ride for me for sure.  A really hard few weeks.  It's been just one pile of crap piling on top of the next.  Seriously, I am neck deep in this nonsense for the better part of a month, then one day I run into this guy and bam.

It started off as a simple enough conversation.  Man to man.  The next thing I know, I've been patsied; set up as a killer of woman.  Yes, singular, and yes, she did mean something to me.  In fact, she meant the world to me.  Now that she is dead, I honestly have nothing left to lose.

That's the horrible beauty of this situation.  My reason for living is dead so I have nothing left to lose.  There's some poetry to it all.

A really shitty kind of poem that I would rather not read.

That is why I went to meet the caller.  I knew it was a trap, but I also knew it was as close as I would get to meeting the people who were responsible for ruining everything I had left to care about.

I met the guy, and he got the best of me.  That was my mistake.  That was my last mistake.

I woke up in the storage locker maybe three hours later.  I was a little dazed, and a lot confused, but I was ready.  I jimmied the lock and scooted out into the cold autumn afternoon.

They were out there and I would find them.

They would pay for what they had done, and they would not be paying with money.  This was a debt that would be paid in blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment