Saturday, July 23, 2011

Story-A-Day #254: Movie Night





MOVIE NIGHT

Every now and then we need a movie night, a quiet little snooze on the couch with a handful of new releases and older classics.

He's funny in his lack of distinction, always willing to try out something different. Especially with movies. He'll often come home with handfuls of the most ridiculous titles, movies that couldn't possibly have any merit based on their titles alone.

They aren't always bad movies, but with the number of titles that he buys, there are definitely ample duds.

That shelf is only about a third of what he owns, and a third of those at least are cheesy b-movies. It used to baffle me why he liked those corn fests so much, but I have to admit, I can see the appeal now.

Tonight we'll probably do two of his and one of mine. I'll make sure my selection is complimentary to his, but just different enough.

This week, I'll also choose the chips - those 1st, 2nd, 3rd Degree Doritos were unbearable.

The only thing left to figure out is what tonight's theme will be. Monsters, sci-fi, western, comedy?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment