Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Story-A-Day #237: Access Point





ACCESS POINT

I've been researching the global disturbances for well over a year now; the birds falling en masse from the skies, the fish washing ashore by the hundreds. A few months ago, I started receiving emails about a mine site up near the arctic circle from an anonymous source.

He claims that these events were related, and more importantly, that the mine site had made a distinctly non-mineral discovery: one that would change the world.

I've been trying to figure out what that might mean, so far to no avail. I've tried to follow up with my source, but his accounts go dead moments after he contacts me.

I was almost ready to give up whence sent me the name of a small town in Alaska and a street address with the cryptic note that "sometimes the best place to hide something is right in plain sight."

I am in that small town now and my group of associates is awaiting their instructions. Barrow is a tiny rustic place, and fortunately free of snow at this time of year.

I stand in the street in front of the shuttered saloon and triple check the address. This forlorn dump is definitely the place I was directed to, but there is no sign of an answer.

The three hours of daily darkness are slowly settling in and I am close to despair - and that's when I see it.

It is so simple, so obvious, and so out of place in a part of the world where underground sewage is impossible.

It's almost too much to hope, but I think the answers to my questions might just be down this out of place shaft in the earth. We'll need to regroup, and gather supplies, but we'll go down into those depths and hopefully find the answers to what is affecting our earth so drastically.

The mysteries will be solved, but first I need a plan.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment