Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Story-A-Day #251: Slalom





SLALOM

Being a skateboarder is not always easy. The winter is obviously off, but snowboarding fills the void nicely. In the spring, the roads are spread thick with a lethal layer of leftover road sand.

In the summer, things are grand. The weather is nice, the girls are tanned and dressed in their skimpiest finery. Summer is heaven, without a doubt.

The best part of summer is the endless construction projects, but to a skater, those disruptions are nirvana.

Las week I was grinding along old pipes downtown. It was a great week for aerials and skinned knees, exhilarating even.

This week, I have made my way to the north end where eight downhill miles of fresh, smooth asphalt have just been laid and traffic cones mark the dotted lines.

It'll be over in a moment, but I can already feel the wind in my hair, the flies in my grill, and the pumping push of adrenalized blood ripping through my veins.

This is a day for those who mean it; for those who live it.

See you at the bottom.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment