Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Story-A-Day #341: Tender





TENDER

In concept, our little club is a simple one, a combination of cooking and gastronomy. We do however, embrace one caveat - that of the unknown.

There are twelve of us, each with a month to wow the others with an entirely unique concoction that has never before been enjoyed by any of the others.

With October as the month I was assigned, I have a unique dish in mind, one I am sure no one will have ever tried. I am guaranteed success tonight, but I still have a great deal of preparation ahead of me.

The vegetables are chopped, and the potatoes ready. All that remains is the meat, the coup-de-grace if you will.

I walk down the back steps from my kitchen and into the gloomy basement. I can hear a shuffling from the back corner and a soft whimpering.

She is beautiful, a fine specimen marinated over the past two days in a pungent stew of terror and tears.

I smile at her across the basement enclosure and am greeted by a futile rattling of chains. She will be as delicious as she is beautiful...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. Please excuse auto corrected errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment