Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Story-A-Day #405: Suck It


SUCK IT

My life is a pretty simple one, and I don.t mind admitting it.  I know that when you look at me you think I am full of crap, and you would be half right to think so, but my kind is capable of being more than what our lot in life has decreed we should be.  You have defined us, but that was your own onus.  That was your prerogative, because in your mind, my life is the most basic there could be.

I swim lazy circles around my 16 x 12 x 10 inch enclosure.  That is what you give me, though.  This is the life you have assigned me.

I was once a happy little creature, quite content making my way through life in the bottom of the river bed.  I was quite new to the world when you scooped me up in your infernal nets.  I thought that I had it bad, but I have since discovered that I am one of the lucky few who have actually tasted freedom.

Most of my kin have been raised in your captivity.  I sort of understand why you do so, but I wish that you could understand where I come from when I say that we have feelings too.  We have rights.

Reverse the situation for a moment and tell me how you would feel.  If we were the giants of the evolutionary scale and put you into a compact pen, how would you react?  You aren't the only creatures on this earth to realize that there are reactions to every action.

You have placed my kind in a state of perpetual slavery.  You have forced us into a world where we can only do the bidding that you have assigned us to.  Here I am in my tiny 16 x 12 x 10 inch enclosure cleaning up after the shiny bastards you consider pets, and yet I am reduced to no more than a utilitarian sucker.

Well you know what I have to say to that?  Just two words:  Suck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment