Monday, December 19, 2011

Story-A-Day #403: When The New Dawn Rises


WHEN THE NEW DAWN RISES

We have spent too much time apart.  That much is clear, and painfully obvious to us both.  I am sorry that I have not been more available to you, more accessible.  Especially when you needed me most.  I have wanted to be there for you for sure, but I have not been, which makes me a lesser man than the one I have presented to you up to this point.

That is not who I am though.  I am the kind of person who strives to always be there for those closest to me when they need me the most, and yet, over the past few weeks, I have neglected you.  That will change.  I will ensure that you are happy, and comfortable.  I will ensure that when you need a shoulder, mine will be there for you.

You scare me a bit.  I am not sure if it is your piercing intellect, or the casual comfort that you radiate outwards.  If I were to be honest though, I would probably say that it is neither of those.  I think what scares me most is the way you look at me with an unadulterated passion.  I have not experienced that kind of respect and love in a long time, and I am not sure how to deal with it.

You are an amazing individual; warm, compassionate, intelligent, beautiful.  You are an artist in the truest sense.  Unlike some, your beauty radiates from the inside, but it is also there on the exterior, a comfortable mask that makes you feel uncomfortable.  Your beauty is all encompassing.

I have been away for a while now, not by choice, but by a stroke of the fates that has kept us apart.  It has been a difficult time, but it is one that will soon come to a close.  I look forward to our reunion.  I look forward to feeling your soft shallow breaths by my side as we slowly drift off to sleep.  I look forward to seeing you, to staring into the deep pools of your eyes, and when I do I will finally be home.  And I will be home.  Soon.

I will see you when the new dawn rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment