Friday, May 20, 2011

Story-A-Day #190: Danderlion





DANDERLION

It's a delicately developed plan, but if it works, it will be magical. Unless you happen to have allergies.

It's a wide field, which is why we chose it, and it is blanketed in dandelions gone to seed. It's the perfect setup.

We have circled the space in extension cords, each one leading to an industrial grade fan.

In five minutes, we will flick the switch, and if everything works the way we hope, the way we planned, we will create a cyclone of seeds, a swirling tempest of dander.

Surveying the scene, I kind of wonder if it will work. More to the point, I wonder what in the he'll possessed us to do this in the first place.

It seems a little ridiculous now, and not all that likely to succeed, but we have invested too much time and energy to abort at this stage.

Pat is checking the cameras to make sure we are ready to go. I just finished checking the fans and they appear to be angled just right.

Two minutes to go. I can feel the nerves ratcheting up. It's not like we have anything to lose, but still, I've pictured this scene so many times that I need it to work.

We'll find out soon enough. And if it does work, I'll meet you in the middle, right in the eye of the danderlion tornado.

Alright, let's do this thing!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment