Thursday, May 12, 2011

Story-A-Day #182: A Mother





A MOTHER

A Mother is the first person you know, the one who carries you before you are even capable of knowing anything. She shares her life with you and gives you what you need to develop, and then she delivers you into the world.

In those initial moments of life she looks at you a particular way, a look that is radiant with love, and pride, and hope. It is a look that never really goes away, one she will grace you with every time her eyes fall upon you.

A Mother helps you grow. She teaches you essential skills, and manners, and humility. She allows you pride - because it is something she also feels for your accomplishments, but she makes sure you remain humble in victory - and gracious I'm defeat.

A Mother slips you cash when yours is running low. She tells the world about the things you have achieved and makes sure you have the support required to continue with your growth.

A Mother is a boy's best friend, someone he adores and looks up to for all that she has given him.

A Mother becomes the model for all the women who will follow. The first crush, the girlfriends, the wife: they all have to live up to that certain standard.

My Mother is all of these things and more. Through her example, I have learned to appreciate nature and the arts. I have learned to learn on a daily basis, to work hard every day to become the best I can be. I have learned to set goals, both realistic and lofty.

My Mother has given me all the tools I need to achieve my goals in life, and for that I am in debt. I am in debt for the life she gave me and for the radiant look filled with love, and pride, and hope that passes across her face whenever we have a quiet moment together.

One of my Mother's greatest gifts was the respect for love she bestowed onto me. My Mother is incredible that way, a passionate and caring woman who is full of love for life, her family, the sun...

And her son.

Happy Birthday Mum (with a U).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment