Friday, August 3, 2012

A Thousand Words...


MAKING A COFFEE TABLE BOOK

It seems like just the other year, mostly because it was, that I decided to start a little project I fondly (and quite ambitiously) referred to as my Story-A-Day project.  What some of you may not realize was that I only ever intended for that project to last for a year, at which point I would turn to you, the reader, to vote for the best stories produced.

My goal from there was to take the top stories, and turn them into a coffee table book called A Thousand Words.  It was, and is still, my vision that the top voted for stories would be expanded into exactly 1,000 word versions of their initial blog version and printed next to their accompanying photo.

I am still working out the printing logistics and fees to bring this from the dream realm into reality, but I have tackled my first requested short story and expanded it to exactly 1,000 words (title excluded).

The original story was feature way back at 300 and was called Totem.  It was, in its original draft, 282 words, and yet, even in its expanded version, it maintains the same tones and them - only expanded upon and improved.

I think this is a good example of how this project could succeed, but I don't want to spoil anything by giving you the revised 1,000 word version.  I think that if this is something you might be interested in backing, you should tell me which stories most struck home with you a reader, and we can go from there.

Please, read through the copious amount of stories there and let me know which you prefer on Facebook, or by email at mikebhumble@gmail.com

Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment