Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Story-A-Day #125: A View


A VIEW

The bastard is up there. I know that because I’ve seen his smug mug walking through the lobby. The only problem now is that the stupid bimbo on the front desk isn’t as stupid as I had originally hoped – at least not when it comes to her job.

I asked nicely which room he was in, I asked very nicely, but she wouldn’t give it up. I told her that we had a meeting planned, but she turned me away with an apologetic smile and a shrug of her skinny little shoulders.

I don’t hold it against her though. She’s just doing her job after all.

When I saw him in the lobby, I took a run at him, but this hotel seems to have security guards. The sycophant probably knew that when he checked in. As they dragged me away, I pleaded with him, begged him to see her, but he just stared at me, his face an emotionless mask of disinterest.

I don’t know how I let it get this far. I knew he was bad news when he was just another anonymous face in the congregation. That initial impression tripled when I discovered his interest in her. She has to be 20 years his junior but he managed to sway her with his shell game dissertations on righteousness.

I am a man of God, but so help me, I will strike him down. The police won’t get involved because there is no evidence of “intent”. Like the skinny girl at the front desk, they are just doing their job, but that’s the problem with today’s litigious systems – everything is tangled up in bureaucracy and fear.

My wife is devastated. She begged me not to follow them. She told me that I would only make things worse and the thought of losing us both was more than she could bare. Even after I showed her the things I had learned, the horrible things this monster had done to innocent young women like our daughter; she still insisted I let it go.

But I won’t let it go. I can’t. That bastard has brainwashed my baby and I am going to get her back. Maybe I am just a silly old man. That’s certainly the impression I get from the pitying looks I receive when I ask for help. If I am a silly old man, then so much the better because I still have fight in me.

23 years ago I made a promise to my wife: I would never let anything bad happen to our beautiful little miracle.

Today I am going to fulfill that promise and in doing so, I’m going to bring down a monster. I am going to put an end to his sadism, his moral bankruptcy, his infliction of pain and grief. I am not going to let my daughter become one of them.

When he steps through that door, and he will eventually, I am going to put an end to him once and for all.

I will bring my daughter home and we will become a happy, unified family once more. There by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment