Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Secret Confession...

So, I have actually been very busy with all the stuff previously mentioned, especially the plotting how to capture decent footage in Cuba on a budget... It's been great and distracting and wonderful (and is probably the secret/subtle cause of my wrye neck) and it is going to have to end soon.

It's time for us to get back to work, or me at least. I've had a great winter writing wise. Let's do a little tally:

One Last Time
Untitled Ghost Script
Some Things Are...

Three shorts ready to shoot and one treatment ready for filling out (currently operating as The Boogeyman) so not a bad off season. Also, not a winter script in the bunch, which was kind of a goal this year. With the weather being how it is, I could probably crank out one of the many ideas drifting through my head fairly quickly to make something happen, but if we're going to do an outdoor winter shoot - it needs to count. Whatever the case, I'm itching to get back in front of, and behind, the camera. It is a pretty liberating experience that helps me put things into perspective.

There is another little thing that is keeping me unfocused at the moment. My novel and three quarters. While technically two separate beasts, one of them is actually finished in first draft form and I really need to get my head back into the right space to polish, shine, and ship it out. I put a ton of work into that story (a little over a year) and am actually very happy with the results. It's time to get back into the groove and make something happen with that one, a little story I have been referring to as I Land. The other one is actually better than I remember, having revisited the first two chapters recently, but first things first right?

As for the other three scripts - they're ready to go. What would you like to see first? Or would you prefer something totally different. I can do that too... Wait, I Land. Must. Finish. I Land.

Check back soon. I've got a couple more posts to squeeze in before my big Oscar recap success/failure piece. For those unaware, the predictions are here:

PART 1
PART 2

See you in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment