Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2 Weeks and 2 Days Later...

It's been too long since my last post, and for that I apologize. There are no excuses really, besides a handful of writing projects, a strange obsession with all things Olympics, and the requisite daily grind.

I've also been spending far too much time trying to figure out how to shoot something in Cuba when I am there and what I should be shooting. I have a few ideas drifting trough the mental quagmire, but so far, nothing concrete. More vexing than an idea (which granted can probably wait for a bit) is figuring out what I can use to shoot. I need something affordable, portable, and easy-to-use on the fly. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the ultra tiny Canon SX200 at the moment. It seems like a good bet.

All of this of course has lead me to a whimsical nostalgia for the trouble shooting process of all our shoots. I've mentioned weather, equipment, schedules and more in the past, but ideas are one thing that I didn't mention. I have a few in the hopper right now, and a few scripts ready to go, and I am hoping that very soon, there will be a new update. In the meantime, some nostalgic shots of the process of bringing About The Girl to fruition. Still an achievement that I am extremely proud of...

I'll be in touch again soon. With some news. About ideas...





No comments:

Post a Comment