Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Have An Idea (Just A Thought)

There's a story in here somewhere...

"When you put it that way... I mean who really wants to say goodbye? Hello is great, it holds promise, but goodbye is the dreaded final punctuation at the end of the story. Now that I think about it, every time I have seen you over the past decade or so (as few and far between as those visits have been), I have been all to cognizant of an undercurrent of remorse knowing full well the fleetingness of the situation and the inevitable conclusion looming just over the horizon. It is always great to see you, invigorating even, but just a goodbye would be infinitely worse than no hello."

"I miss you and wish that we had been able to share a few moments, but in retrospect, I am definitely glad I didn't get to say goodbye. Next time, let's work towards the infinitely more promising hello, and with any luck, at least a few hours of quality face time. I'm good with that if you are."

Off to the Word Processor. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment