Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Be Animated

VOICE OVER

His story began, like so many stories before, once upon a time…

He was not always regarded as a figure of legend and an ominous warning designed by all parents to ensure the good behavior of their children. He was not always regarded as a dark and sinister shadow that creeps through the night in search of terrified young victims.

He was not always regarded so, just as he wasn’t the first to be regarded in such a way.

***

I've had this story brewing for a few years now, essentially about the birth of the Boogeyman and how he got to be the way he is and the thing he is. It's an interesting concept that I need to stir around a bit, but it is getting to a point where there could be something to it. In fact, we are now toying with the idea of turning it into an animated short, not unlike the ones the National Film Board would have done back in the day. I can see it as a rough and scratchy piece, dark and impressionistic. I can see it that way, but I'm just the writer so I guess that will really be up to the artiste. Based on The Gloaming and the rough sketch he did for the novel I'm working on, I am su
re he'll figure it out.

Concept Art for I Land by Patrick Gilbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment