Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Reason #10,043,604 for Vimeo

So... I've posted links to our first film, About The Girl, in the past so that everyone has a chance to check it out. This evening, I retooled the Internets in the favour of our humble (sorry) production company and we now have our very own page on Vimeo. It currently features... wait for it... About The Girl! Cool, no? Rest assured, we will be updating it soon with additional fun and films but for now it is a good start.

As an aside, I would like to mention that while I have always been a great online spectator, I am actually starting to feel like a participant now. For those who may not be aware, Somerset Productions, and through that yours truly, can now be found at:

Vimeo Home Page
Facebook (Personal Profile)
Facebook (Somerset Productions Group)
Twitter (Mostly Somerset, via me)
About The Girl on Vimeo

Part of this new digital life, especially through Facebook, means a greater ease of communication. In the case of Twitter, it also means accessibility, in particular to people who I have always admired like Roger Ebert...

Check out my latest Tweet:


Technology can be a very helpful tool. Through it, I have now been able to reach out to a person who shares his love and appreciation of film with the world (and has inspired my own), to share a link to a film I might not otherwise have made. That's pretty cool no matter how you look at it. I hope he watches it, and I hope to send him more in the future. It's not much, but it is the best way I can think of to thank him for what he has done for the film industry, film makers, and amateur dreamers like myself over the years.

Thanks for everything Roger!

No comments:

Post a Comment